Was browsing through face charts the other day coz I needed to come up with a look for the kids’ performance. Saw some pretty interesting ones I could use on myself instead! LOL!
Anyway, this was the face chart decided on for the kids, with a redder lip. Eyes all smokey and edgy…
So me, being vain, looked around for a look I could wear for Azah’s wedding. One of those days I feel like dressing up and with Enn cheering me on, vanity became reality.
Contemplated this look… but I was wearing something blue so that was a lil too warm on the face… And coz Enn was egging me to wear fake lashes, I decided to keep the focus on the eyes.
Very minimal look. Of course, makeup’s rarely ever minimal. So here’s what I used…
- Prepping the face – Used my bobbi brown vitamin enriched face base and then my mac prep+prime.
- Foundation – Used my bobbi brown foundation stick, blended out with a damp beauty blender. Concealer for the eye bags and dark circles, I used mac’s pro longwear concealer. Setting the foundation and concealer with mac’s pressed powder and any type of flat-top kabuki to buff it all into the skin, for flawless-looking finish.
- Eyes – Shadows came entirely from my Estee Lauder wedding makeup set. Used Ivory Slipper as highlight and inner corner shade, Silver Bell and Peacock Blue for contouring and the smokey effect. Cheap fake lashes from SASA and topped it off with my Maybelline Eye Studio Hypersharp Liner. White pencil from nyx for my lower inner corner waterline and mac’s kohl power pencil for the rest of the waterline.
- Cheeks – Estee Lauder’s silky powder blush in Rose Nuance.
- Lips – Nyx lip pencil in Mauve, mac’s Blankety lipstick and mac’s Steppin’ Out dazzleglass.
- Brows – Just line in with a lil dark brown powder and some brow wax to set.
Yeah, a lot of steps but pretty easy for me. The part that took the longest was the fake lashes. Somehow, just can’t bring myself to do it as quickly as I do the rest of my face.
Of course, he loves the look. So I guess I might don this makeup look more often. 🙂
When it comes to makeup tips, sharing is caring!